Information on the Internal Notification System
We, the company TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a. s., with registered office at Průmyslová 1000, Staré Město, 739 61 Třinec, ID No. 18050646, registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Regional Court in Ostrava, Section V, Insert 146, in accordance with our Company's Principles of Conduct and our policy of whistleblowing and whistleblowing, inform about the following:
I. Establishment of the Internal Notification System
We have established an internal notification system (the "Internal Notification System") for the purpose of notification of our infringements of European Union law in the areas defined in Section II (the "Notification") by the individuals listed in Section III (the "Notifier")
II. Defined areas of European Union law
Our Internal Notification System is designed for the submission of Notifications of infringements
1. falling within the following areas:
- public procurement;
- financial services, products and markets; and prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing;
- product safety and compliance;
- transport security;
- environmental protection;
- radiation protection and nuclear safety;
- food and fodder safety, health and animal welfare;
- public health;
- consumer protection;
- protection of privacy and personal data and security of networks and information systems;
2. threatening the financial interests of the European Union pursuant to Article 325 TFEU;
3. infringements relating to the internal market pursuant to Article 26(2) TFEU, including infringements of Union competition and State aid rules, as well as infringements relating to the internal market in connection with conduct which infringes corporate tax rules or mechanisms designed to obtain a tax advantage which defeats the object or purpose of the relevant corporate tax law.
A whistleblower who may use our Internal Reporting System to submit a Notification is an individual who works for us or performs similar activities for us, which means, in particular:
- holding a position in our corporate bodies;
- employment with our trading company;
- applying for employment with our company,
- providing services for our company;
- performing activities under the supervision or direction of our contractors and suppliers and their subcontractors,
and who has obtained information about our wrongful conduct under Section II in connection with such work, or the performance of similar activities.
III. Method of filing a Notice
You may submit a Notification through our Internal Notification System to
1. by email, which should be sent to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org, which we have established solely for the purpose of receiving Notices;
2. by telephone via the telephone line +420 558 532 399;
we also request that this method of submitting a Notice be used during normal business hours;
3. in writing by post sent to the address of our registered office Průmyslová 1000, Staré Město, 739 61 Třinec directly to the Head of Inspection &Audit Department;
we hereby also request, in order to preserve confidence, that this mail be addressed directly to the Head of Inspection & Audit Department for delivery via a legal entity, with the addressee of the mail being indicated as follows:
Head of the Inspection & Audit Department
TŘINECKÉ ŽELEZÁRNY, a. s.
739 61 Třinec
4. in person at the building located at Závodní 819, Staré Město, 73961 Třinec (this is the Main Gate building), Inspection & Audit Department;
we hereby also request that this method of submitting the Notification be used during normal working hours and, if possible, after prior arrangement by e-mail pursuant to point 1. or by telephone pursuant to point 2.
IV. Protection of the Notifier
We will ensure that the Notification has been submitted through our Internal Notification System,
- protect the identity of the Notifier;
- protect the Notifier and other persons entitled to such protection under the law from retaliation.
We assess the reasonableness and truthfulness of each Notification. If the Notice is reasonable and true, we will take corrective action.
We will defend ourselves if a Notifier knowingly provides false information in a Notification and/or makes a Notification in order to harm our business.